Guidelines for consideration include the following:
- The congregation must be located within the geographic boundaries of the LCMS’s Atlantic District.
- The congregations may be a member of any Lutheran denomination.
- Congregations of all sizes, make-up, and location are encouraged to apply.
- The congregation must be demonstrating leadership activities in the three areas emphasized by the Lutheran Crusader Fund;
- Spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
- Helping people or organizations in times of significant need, and
- Piloting innovative programs that can serve as a model for other ministries.
Please click here
for the nomination form. Complete the form, attach supporting materials and mail postmarked no later than December 15 to:
“Congregation of the Year” Selection Committee
Lutheran Crusader Fund
Long Island Lutheran Middle & High School
131 Brookville Road
Brookville, NY 11545
The “Congregation of the Year” will be selected by a committee made up of LuHi Association pastors, faculty and students. An announcement of selection will be made on or around March 15. A visit will be scheduled for a Sunday in spring to celebrate the award with the members of the selected congregation. This visit will include the presentation of a commemorative plaque along with a $10,000 check from the Lutheran Crusader Fund. Recognition will include press releases to area newspapers, radio, television, and other media outlets. Congregational successes and strategies will be shared with other Lutheran congregations, schools, and organizations as a motivational model to strengthen these ministries.